Saturday, January 10, 2015

This was supposed to start 01/01/15

But...being a new Mommy tends to delay the best plans!  This blog is intended to be brutally honest about being a first time Mom and fill in the huge gaps the books don't cover so sit back, relax, and enjoy!

First lesson/observation/ frustration reality check I would like to blog from yuppy meets reality Mommy (YMR) from now on because if you think I have time to type that out every time well them you need to check out another blog.  
But lesson #1 the wonderful books/apps/sites that say sleep when the baby sleeps....yeah I want to find the morons that shared this brilliant tip and attack them.  I am talking  go Game of Thrones /Khaleesi /go get em attack.  Why? Hmmm here are a few reasons why I hate hate hate that so called "advice/tip":
1.  The first two weeks if you are super hyper/type a like me you are literally on the edge of your bed /wide awake/shaking with fear worrying if baby is sleeping, breathing, realizing I am totally responsible for this precious little person.  Wonderful and yet terrifying !!!
2.  Then your brain literally is going all different directions and you can't sleep - mommy insomnia is my psychological description for this sleep challenge.
3.  If I "sleep when the baby sleeps" then who is going to wash the bottles, get the bottles ready for the next feeding/check diaper /wipes inventory/do baby laundry???  
4.  If you have a baby around the holidays who is going to shop/wrap gifts and make some treats for your husband to take to work and make your first family Christmas card /pic debut?

Some good advice would sound like this:

It is going to be really tough the first month - try to sneak naps when you can but take heart, you do get used to the lack of sleep :) 

Good nite everyone - I am going to try and grab a quick nap before next feeding  time :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment